Board index BK Section (BKs & New BK students only please) BK Reading Materials, Newsletters, Magazines, Classes God endowed power to create children in a divine manner

God endowed power to create children in a divine manner

BK1

Link with BKs: BK
God endowed human beings with the power to create children in an 'immaculate' or divine manner.
- Autobiography of a Yogi
Paramhansa Yogananda
Chapter 16

"All human ills arise from some transgression of universal law. The scriptures point out that man must satisfy the laws of nature, while not discrediting the divine omnipotence. He should say: 'Lord, I trust in Thee, and know Thou canst help me, but I too will do my best to undo any wrong I have done.' By a number of meansby prayer, by will power, by yoga meditation, by consultation with saints, by use of astrological banglesthe adverse effects of past wrongs can be minimized or nullified.......

"The deeper the self-realization of a man, the more he influences the whole universe by his subtle spiritual vibrations, and the less he himself is affected by the phenomenal flux." ...........

Because of one Sankhya (the first philosophy on Creation through Sage Kapila Muni) aphorism, "Iswar-ashidha,""A Lord of Creation cannot be deduced" or "God is not proved,"
many scholars call the whole philosophy atheistical.
"The verse is not nihilistic," Sri Yukteswar explained. "It merely signifies that to the unenlightened man, dependent on his senses for all final judgments, proof of God must remain unknown and therefore non-existent. True Sankhya followers, with unshakable insight born of meditation, understand that the Lord is both existent and knowable.".......

The great masters of India mold their lives by the same godly ideals which animated Jesus; these men are his proclaimed kin: "Whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother." "If ye continue in my word," Christ pointed out, "then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Freemen all, lords of themselves, the Yogi-Christs of India are part of the immortal fraternity: those who have attained a liberating knowledge of the One Father.

"The Adam and Eve story is incomprehensible to me!" I observed with considerable heat one day in my early struggles with the allegory. "Why did God punish not only the guilty pair, but also the innocent unborn generations?"
Master was more amused by my vehemence than my ignorance. "Genesis is deeply symbolic, and cannot be grasped by a literal interpretation," he explained. "Its 'tree of life' is the human body. The spinal cord is like an upturned tree, with man's hair as its roots, and afferent and efferent nerves as branches. The tree of the nervous system bears many enjoyable fruits, or sensations of sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. In these, man may rightfully indulge; but he was forbidden the experience of sex, the 'apple' at the center of the bodily garden.
"The 'serpent' represents the coiled-up spinal energy which stimulates the sex nerves. 'Adam' is reason, and 'Eve' is feeling. When the emotion or Eve-consciousness in any human being is overpowered by the sex impulse, his reason or Adam also succumbs.

"God created the human species by materializing the bodies of man and woman through the force of His will; He endowed the new species with the power to create children in a similar 'immaculate' or divine manner........

"God, or the Divine Consciousness present within the first created pair, counseled them to enjoy all human sensibilities, but not to put their concentration on touch sensations.
These were banned in order to avoid the development of the sex organs, which would enmesh humanity in the inferior animal method of propagation. The warning not to revive subconsciously-present bestial memories was not heeded. Resuming the way of brute procreation, Adam and Eve fell from the state of heavenly joy natural to the original perfect man.
"Knowledge of 'good and evil' refers to the cosmic dualistic compulsion. Falling under the sway of maya through misuse of his feeling and reason, or Eveand Adamconsciousness, man relinquishes his right to enter the heavenly garden of divine self-sufficiency. 19
The personal responsibility of every human being is to restore his 'parents' or dual nature to a unified harmony or Eden."
As Sri Yukteswar ended his discourse, I glanced with new respect at the pages of Genesis.

http://www.crystalclarity.com/yogananda/chap16.php

BK1

Link with BKs: BK
LET US DISCUSS GOD AND HIS REALITY

Dear divine brother,Om
shanti.
Thanks for your contribution.

But brother, let us not propagate the
philosophy of God 'creating'
human-beings, and try to 'link' the science of
Rajayoga with Biblical
stories.
yad pyar

Yes, God is light/ a point of light. That is ok. But we can not support the views of other religions when they say GOd has 'created' the human-beings; and interpret stories from their scriptures (Adam and Eve story), etc.

Please let us not dwell on this aspect any more.

when Baba says I create golden age, He means it that by the pure vibrations we emanate through His teaching, the elements, human beings all become pure. since He can create purity out of impurity,and since impurity come out of purity, and all other ages come out of golden age, ultimately, it is the God who is the creator...isn't it?

just a thought.....

Return to BK Reading Materials, Newsletters, Magazines, Classes