Board index Experiences, Reviews, Q/A, Discussion Suggestions: What should the BKs be doing? TABK Controversy no. 1: False predictions of destruction

TABK Controversy no. 1: False predictions of destruction

Link with BKs: -
I am initiating discussion on the controversies surrouding BKWSU from many years and again brought to limelight by TABK web-site with an objective to establish the truth..(http://www.truthaboutbrahmakumaris.com)

Here is the first one:
Typical claim of BKs is that no prediction of destruction has been there in Murlis.

TABK web-site wrote:
Below are dated quotes from God's teachings, as per BK understanding telling of the certainty of a 1976 destruction:

25/10/69 – ‘The final Destruction of the whole world takes place within 6 years. Those who tell it to be 7 years have their position reduced’

05/11/70 – ‘From this journey, it is 5 years for Destruction’.

03/02/71 – ‘Within 5 years, the whole work should be completed’.

09/09/72 – ‘Even those who are rich, even they live hardly for 3-4 years more’.

04/02/74 – ‘From 10 years (of the declaration), only 2 years are left. Soon Kaliyug has come to an end. The drama is certain’.

09/11/74 – ‘Rest, 2 years is left over. Don't think that it will become 3 years. It may become one year but it can never become 3 years.’

All the above have been removed from BK teachings provided by God to BK adherents, and the world.

Are the above original Murli quotes authentic?
If yes, then does it mean false predictions of destruction claim by the likes of BKInfo/TABK etc are true?
Have the Murlis been edited to remove the above content?

bksimonb User avatar
Site Admin

Link with BKs: BK
03/2/73 – ‘The moon is made of blue cheese. Anyone who thinks it is Gorgonzola is mistaken. Oh, and by the way, has anyone heard that new Pink Floyd Album. It sounds great in stereo.’

Does anyone know the authenticity of the above murli quote?

OK, seriously, we need to see or hear something to verify any murli quote that is saying something controversial is genuine. A scanned copy of a murli printed at that time would be useful, though not absolute proof. However if more printed murlis popped up saying the same thing from the same vintage in different places then that would help nail it. Also original tape recordings from that time would be useful. Cassette recorders became household items from the 1970s onwards. I would guess that there were many BKs from that era that would record the murli for themselves when in Madhuban.

Fair point. Lets see if TABK web-site folks can provide the copy

However, the dates above seem to be the Avyakt days - so do you mean to say these quotes are not there in the Avyakt Murlis that are published now against those dates?

Though i am not denying the controversy involved....but does it really matter in present scenario? Just knowing that destruction will come in 2 days or 2 years or 20 years, will it change my present stage of being?

Just because some statements does not literally match with actual scenario, should we start raising questions on Shiv Baba & everything around it?

There is no limit of doing analysis on others. But that's not...what spirituality teaches us.

There is no confusion in real teaching of spirituality....not even a bit! it is absolutely clear & straight.

bksimonb User avatar
Site Admin

On one of my first visits to Madhuban we met one of the original Dadas. I'm not sure which one but he was dressed immaculately, moved very precisely, and spoke almost perfect English.

He was relating that right at the start they were given six months to get themselves for the new world. After six months Baba (not sure if this is referring Brahma Baba or Shiv Baba via a medium) asked them, "Are you ready? Shall I throw the switch?...(NO!)...OK, I'll give you another six months."

So these deadlines were always viewed as a kind of motivational aid or just other BKs speculating. It is only recently that it is being portrayed as "FAAAIIILLLED PROPHESIES!!!" by an "EEEIIIEEEEEVIL DOOOOMMMSDAY CULT!".

It's kind of ironic really, that the BKs get so much flack for predicting destruction at a time when it is so obvious that the increasing demands of an increasing population on a planet that is staying the same size are clearly going to lead to some sort of brick wall. I guess you could have some crazy "world continuation cult" that actually believes that we can expand our demands on the planet indefinitely.

Thank you, Bksimonb, good points.

bksimonb User avatar
Site Admin

Hi mbbhat,

Please only post one or two quotes in one post and avoid long, multiple posts full of quotes in two languages.

Perhaps you can create a related topic in the Murli Points Discussion forum.

Thanks

Thank you.

Can you please delete the previous posts and after that- even this one?
Murli Pt:- Gambheerataa se full marks jamaa hota hai. Mamma toh gambheerataa kee devi thi. = The virtue seriousness gives full marks. Mamma was a deity of seriousness.

bksimonb User avatar
Site Admin

mbbhat wrote:
Thank you.

Can you please delete the previous posts and after that- even this one?

Thanks mbbhat!

OK. Done. By all means re-post in the quotes in the Murli Discussion forum and link from here with a brief summary. I could see the quotes would be relevant to this discussion also.

Though i am not denying the controversy involved....but does it really matter in present scenario? Just knowing that destruction will come in 2 days or 2 years or 20 years, will it change my present stage of being?

It matters to those who took it literally and based their life decisions on the fact that destruction is just round the corner. There are many Ex-BKs who have got out of BK life regretting such decisions that has eventually led to misery and extremely difficult times later.

So these deadlines were always viewed as a kind of motivational aid or just other BKs speculating.

It's kind of ironic really, that the BKs get so much flack for predicting destruction at a time when it is so obvious that the increasing demands of an increasing population on a planet that is staying the same size are clearly going to lead to some sort of brick wall.

I don't think people complain about destruction philosophy as such; While in the initial days it was seen as motivational aid, do you think practically it works? So if you base your spiritual effort because destruction is round the corner and get good progress- wonderful; But going by the same logic, one would be tempted to make other life decisions based on that which may not be right for long term-isn't it?

That is what people complain about because there are many cases where people sold off their property, gave up their education & careers etc because they believed such predictions made in Murlis or otherwise by senior BKs. Obviously they will not get any of that back. BKs typically do not care for people who exit as they will be deemed "eaten by maya". However at a human level, they feel deceived and misled. This is why it doesn't matter for the people taking spirituality as per the true definition of it, but spare a thought for others who are now worse off compared to their Pre-BK days. BKs need to show compassion atleast to those who were once part of the family and use their experiences to reform BKWSU internally so that such mistakes are not made by newcomers.

A simple improvement can be to train all BK teachers to convey this to all students of the long term impact of such decisions, encourage people to educate themselves, build their careers and if they wish to surrender everything, then make sure that they are not doing it because destruction is round the corner in 2-3 years and they are prepared for a life time commitment whether destruction happens or not. If BKWSU had specified clearly "Yes destruction is imminent but we don't know when and it may not happen in your entire life time"; I think no contoversy about destruction will arise.

Next

Return to Suggestions: What should the BKs be doing?