Board index BK Section (BKs & New BK students only please) Murli Points Discussion Murli points Questions and Answers-exploring the depth ....

Murli points Questions and Answers-exploring the depth ....



Posts: 3029
Link with BKs: BK
Exploring the Depth of Brahma Kumaris Gyan


Question: How to become leader in class in the field of education in school with the help of bk meditation…how we can achiece this goal?
by avyakt7
Thank you for your question!

Dear soul,
If you experience the self and engage yourself in "studying yourself," you are a leader in any field :-)

Best wishes!
Do not lose hope in those who have lost hope


Posts: 3029
Link with BKs: BK
Introduction to Good and Evil 101
by avyakt7
In Spirituality, the “laws” are different than the ones we have learned by being surrounded and colored by the understanding of a “materialistic” society. One of the most misunderstood themes is our awareness of “Good and Evil.”
We have been taught to “reject” evil and to “embrace” good. However, our perception of what is “good and what is evil” have been changing in time. Do you see that? Today good, tomorrow evil.

Was the “holy inquisition” good or evil? Is “dying for your country” good or evil? Is euthanasia good or evil? Is sex good or evil? Are religions good or evil? Is the devil really “evil” and God really “good”? :-)

The above will probably make some people frown . Let me assure you this: If you pick any thing as being “good,” I will certainly have many arguments to let you know how “evil” your choice really is.

The above concepts are things that we are willing to die for, to fight for etc; when truly those things are merely conceptual thoughts. Even if we pick the well regarded and worshiped word: GOD. That word has many meanings and understandings by many people. Even within Brahma Kumaris knowledge; there is this perception of God as being “good.” Let me share a secret. God is neither good nor evil. God just has a role in the Drama, a role which is performed when it is necessary. (Disclaimer: I am not talking about the EXPERIENCE of God. I am referring to what is typically known as HIS role.)

Don’t you believe me?
Let me play with “illogical” logic a bit:

1. Why God didn’t “help me” at the end of the Silver age to become Satopradhan again quickly?
Answer: Because that is the way the Drama is made.
Therefore, God cannot do anything that the Drama does not dictate of Him. See?

2. Why God is allowing me to go through so much suffering so then He can “help me” at the end?
Answer: Because God can only do what it is in the Drama. It is predestined like that. How can He be really “good” if he has “no choice”? Why I wasn't made just like that? Where is my "free will"? :-) You know the answer.

3. Why doesn't God do one “miracle” which will be seen by the whole world once and for all, so everyone can know about Him and then “decide” whether they want to shape up or not?

4. Why is there punishment if there is predestination? Why John was born sick if there is “free will”? There is a word which answers all questions: Drama. Is the Drama good or evil? :-) The Drama IS what it IS. We add the "moral" labels.

I can feel the frowning is deeper now by some "true believers"... Some at this point, decided not to continue reading for they may get “waste thoughts” in their minds…. No problem. Let me continue.. :-)

Have you seen a martial artist in action?
Someone attacks him and then he uses the energy of his opponent to re-direct the force so it comes back to the attacker. That is the principle in Spirituality, to transform rather than to oppose.

However, we have been “brainwashed” to oppose anything that is against our path, that is anything which is “evil” to us. By opposing, we have to put energy at least equal to the opposing force otherwise, we will be crushed. That is “we will divorce the Father.”

Lust is energy. We can call it “evil” to make some feel better; but that energy coming from us cannot be “rejected” by us at the same time as if there were two different people in “me; the “good guy,” and the “evil guy.” That is called “dementia.”
Let me call the evil guy, “Maya,” so I feel better… Oh ..the deceiving magic of words!!
TRANSFORM- RE-DIRECT. That is all.

With Gyan, which is a very high spiritual knowledge; we can understand that everything that has happened in the Drama is BENEFICIAL. (Disclaimer: Not my own “manmat,” but BapDada has mentioned that)

We are looking at things which need to happen as they have happened. Unless you are a detached observer, you will not be able to “get this.” Otherwise, we can apply our own pitiful morality to label something as “good “ or “evil” but in the unlimited is just NECESSARY. It will repeat again; so “get used to it, the innocent”… :-) (Drivin N Cryin lyrics)

There is no good without evil. There is no evil without good. That is the nature of duality. To embrace one and to reject the other side is the way of “ignorance” or lack of understanding. Once we understand the law of karma, we will realize that regardless of the labeling, the one who planted the seed of an action, will eat the fruit himself. There is no escape. That is the "law." No need for labels to "elevate" our ego into self righteousness.

Gyan is deep. Let us take a deep dip.
Do not lose hope in those who have lost hope


Posts: 723
Link with BKs: BK

vvrisor wrote:
Then it is an interpretation from 'Mathematics' point of view, which this SOUL belives is a 'CREATION' by ourselves and ultimately, it's one's own 'EXPERIENCE' that matters.


Ok, if mathematics is our creation, then show me how 1+1 can be different than 2.

I'm not saying you need mathematics to be soul conscious and connect to God.

I'm saying: "whether or not you are SC and connect to God, mathematics will still be the same."


Posts: 723
Link with BKs: BK

Avyakt7, I hope you don't get upset with me about how much we disagree in our views of knowledge.

The above concepts are things that we are willing to die for, to fight for etc; when truly those things are merely conceptual thoughts. Even if we pick the well regarded and worshiped word: GOD. That word has many meanings and understandings by many people. Even within Brahma Kumaris knowledge; there is this perception of God as being “good.” Let me share a secret. God is neither good nor evil. God just has a role in the Drama, a role which is performed when it is necessary. (Disclaimer: I am not talking about the EXPERIENCE of God. I am referring to what is typically known as HIS role.)


Ok, so you say God is not good nor evil. Can God give you good feelings? You will answer "yes". Can God give you something bad? You will say "no". Then how can he not be good, if He is the origin of all good qualities of the soul, and can't ever give anything bad?

Don’t you believe me?


No.

1. Why God didn’t “help me” at the end of the Silver age to become Satopradhan again quickly?
Answer: Because that is the way the Drama is made.
Therefore, God cannot do anything that the Drama does not dictate of Him. See?


What is Drama? Is Drama a metaphysical thing that exists outside matter? Is Drama a soul? If not, then you must admit that there is a mechanism that makes God come down, it's not pure predestination, but a mechanism that repeats itself. Just because we don't understand fully this mechanism, it doesn't mean we can just say "Drama" and magically solve the puzzle. Baba says Drama as a matter of simplification and to answer the questions of "why", and not because it answers all questions of "how".

2. Why God is allowing me to go through so much suffering so then He can “help me” at the end?
Answer: Because God can only do what it is in the Drama. It is predestined like that. How can He be really “good” if he has “no choice”? Why I wasn't made just like that? Where is my "free will"? You know the answer.


Ok, now, you are identifying "good" with "free will". Are they the same thing? Let's see. A person may use his free will to do an evil act (imagine a very horrible act, that is beyond doubt an evil one, no matter from which point of view you look).

So we can clearly see, in the example above, that "free will" is NOT the same as "good".

So can you say God is not good, because He doesn't have free will? Absolutely NO!

3. Why doesn't God do one “miracle” which will be seen by the whole world once and for all, so everyone can know about Him and then “decide” whether they want to shape up or not?


Because HE CAN'T. He doesn't have means to do that! God doesn't have eyes to see anything down here, doesn't have thoughts or make decisions! And even if He did, He doesn't have any means to possibly influence matter directly. But He is still good! He would do infinite good for us, if he could.

4. Why is there punishment if there is predestination? Why John was born sick if there is “free will”? There is a word which answers all questions: Drama. Is the Drama good or evil? The Drama IS what it IS. We add the "moral" labels.


Because each soul is eternal and will manifest the eternal vibration it has inside. All human souls have a different intensity of good (and of evil, not necessarily in the same proportion). The Drama is nor good, nor evil, because it's not a soul, or a thing, it's just the sum of everything else. number 4, imo, doesn't prove anything, i can't see how you can conclude by what you said, that therefore there is no good and evil, you are jumping logic many times to get your conclusion from "nowhere" (actually from your own belief). And again, although "drama" can be the answer for the questions of "why", it's not the answer for the questions of "how", therefore, it doesn't answer all questions.

Lust is energy. We can call it “evil” to make some feel better; but that energy coming from us cannot be “rejected” by us at the same time as if there were two different people in “me; the “good guy,” and the “evil guy.” That is called “dementia.”
Let me call the evil guy, “Maya,” so I feel better… Oh ..the deceiving magic of words!!
TRANSFORM- RE-DIRECT. That is all.


I think you are mixing two different things here. One is lust, and the other is the energy that lust uses for itself. It seems you don't realise they are two different things. The energy comes from the brain and soul, and of course must be preserved. But lust, that makes the energy go away, is evil. There is no way you can use it for anything good, it's a vice! We must, as Baba said, conquer the vices through yoga.

With Gyan, which is a very high spiritual knowledge; we can understand that everything that has happened in the Drama is BENEFICIAL. (Disclaimer: Not my own “manmat,” but BapDada has mentioned that)


Yes, Baba said that, but in which context? Baba never said that Hitler's actions were beneficial. Baba said that in the context that whatever happens for us, at least brings experience, so there is always some benefit, but not that every single thing is beneficial.

There is no good without evil.


Oh really, so is there evil in golden age? Is there evil in the character of God?

There is no evil without good.


Now in this point I have to agree, there would be no evil if good didn't exist. Evil depends on the existence of good, but the opposite is not true. As much as darkness is the absence of light, but light is NOT the absence of darkness. Light is the presence of light!

That is the nature of duality. To embrace one and to reject the other side is the way of “ignorance” or lack of understanding.


So are you saying that embracing good and rejecting evil is ignorance? And you don't want us to call your churnings "manmat", right?

Once we understand the law of karma, we will realize that regardless of the labeling, the one who planted the seed of an action, will eat the fruit himself. There is no escape. That is the "law." No need for labels to "elevate" our ego into self righteousness.


There is no escape for karma, but that doesn't mean we should say "karma will take care of everything so let's forget about man-made justice". This means, you will be allowing souls to make even more bad karma, when you may actually have a "karmic responsibility" to interfere, instead of waiting for the karma's delay (which most of the time is until the next birth of the soul).

It seems you want to get rid of any responsibilities and leave it all to "karma" and "drama". But you forget that in the same way adults are responsible for the mistakes of children, some souls, either in society or spiritual level, are responsible for the mistakes of others, and if they "leave it to karma", they will end up taking the worst karma for themselves, just by omission of a great responsibility.


Posts: 3029
Link with BKs: BK
Exploring the Depth of Brahma Kumaris Gyan


Question: om shanti….what is ‘kundlini shakti’….? does self transformation through gyan leads to activation of ‘chakras’ …? how ?
by avyakt7
Thank you for your question!
Dear soul,

The words "kundalini shakti," have been used to express many things. From transforming sexual energy (Tantra yoga) to transmuting physical energies and to experience bliss, into being self-realized; etc, etc.

The answer will depend on what you refer to. My own little meaning of that is transformation of the self from a "normal," "average guy" into a self realized/complete being; not in the Golden age; but now.

I have shared many articles here and in "Healthy Celibacy," about the Chakras as a point of reference of spiritual transformation.
Basically it is the change from physicality into subtleness. The expression of wants and desires into feelings from the heart and the expression of the self in a pleasant and understanding way ("compassionate" for Buddhists, "sweet" in SM, "merciful" in Avyakt BapDada's language) in my experience, so far.

At the subtle level that change will be observed in your aura. At the inner level, you will experience the transformation of sex lust into feelings of acknowledgement, wonder, appreciation and thankfulness (to describe that) BapDada will call that "good wishes and pure feelings." From that is the expression in words and communication with others, then comes self knowledge as an experience and finally, self- realization or being "One with God" or "like the Father," or in "union with the Beloved."

The above is not totally my experience. I feel that I am perhaps in the "communication" stage. The other levels have been described by different traditions, sages, Gurus and specially in Hinduism. Those stages correlate with a particular Chakra as our main means of expression. I am not keen in trying to follow the steps that someone has outlined, but I let life shape my own journey. I am "recipe free." :-)

Now on your question of the "How." That is what you will find out for yourself in your own path. No recipes.

In my experience, by being honest that self transformation is your goal in life. It is what you really, really want more than anything else. Then life, will be placing the "tests" and environment with experiences that you will need to grow. For that we need to learn to "accept" rather than "reject." Let the actors act and then to know when is our turn to act. Also, in my experience; to make time for solitude, to be with yourself alone is necessary. For that we will need to learn to discern those things which are not necessary in our life. That is what is commonly known as "renunciation." This has to come with understanding. Not intellectual understanding but by being in tune with your inner self. Everything changes little by little, but "quickly" at this time; thus; we need to be aware of the special moment of the confluence age and make the appropriate environment around us and in us to allow the changes to appear.

When the student is ready, the teacher appears. That is the law.

Best wishes!
Do not lose hope in those who have lost hope


Posts: 3029
Link with BKs: BK
Exploring the Depth of Brahma Kumaris Gyan


Question: As per the article on healthy celibacy ===There is a link between celibacy and sleep time specially when dealing with the subtle level of consciousness. Learn to balance the dual energies within yourself, called “ying-yang” popularly. Cud u kindly explain how sleep time affects .Thankyou
by avyakt7
Thank you for your question!

Dear soul,

For most healthy males there is a period of "automatic arousal time" usually at early morning hours. Here is a chance for "unconscious" emissions to occur. If you keep the healthy habit of waking up early, let us say 3:30 am or so, meditate and then exercise, cook, etc; that time of arousal will not be there. To be able to wake up at 3:30 AM, you will need to go to bed early; which as we know is another healthy habit.

"Normal" people retire to bed after midnight. In Spirituality every hour before midnight will only increase the quality of your sleep.
Sleeping need varies according to individuals, thus; find how many hours you need and work it out accordingly.

Another unrelated advice to your question, but very important to keep your sleep time profound and sound, is to turn off all electronic devices in your bedroom. Unplug them completely. Phones should be out of your bedroom even if they are not connected to a power source. Their electromagnetic field will interfere at the time that "you" leave your body to sleep; thus you will feel tired when you wake up.

I learned this tip from a wise friend of mine. It works like a charm.

Best wishes!
Do not lose hope in those who have lost hope


Posts: 3029
Link with BKs: BK
Exploring the Depth of Brahma Kumaris Gyan


On good and evil – part 2 – Was Hitler evil?
by avyakt7
This article will complete the ideas of the previous one (yesterday) on “introduction to good and evil 101.”
It appears that some souls were not able to digest the article very well. It is expected. Name God as “neither good nor evil” and “true believers,” will jump out from their seats.

Dear souls, “good and evil” are part of duality. God is beyond duality. See that?
This Drama of life is neither “good nor evil,” it is a movie which will take us exactly where we are now.
Is that good or evil? :-)

With gyan in our “guts” (not in our heads) we shall see that we are being “brainwashed” again by the use of 2 words which acquire a significant value just because it will allow us to “look good” and proper when we recognize that which in our view is faulty, bad, lowly, etc.

To understand this Gyan, we need to go beyond the logic of the world. Yes, 2 +2 is 4 only in a math book, in the world of our head, that worshiped logic.
Reality is that a man plus a woman is usually more than 3… :-)

Without seeing the above, we will be analyzing gyan, dissecting gyan only using our own mind to grasp it, when in all (perceived) reality, our own mind is the source of our own problems in life. We “think life.” Our logic is filtered through that mind.

Once we realize that roles are already in the soul playing through us, we cannot infer that the actor is “bad.”

Hitler was a role of a soul. Without the awareness of gyan , in the consciousness of a “normal” person, yes…that role has done many “evil” things. However, through the law of karma, we realize that in this Drama, “there are no victims,” moreover, we know that nothing can happen to a soul. A soul cannot die. It continues to take rebirth into another "role."

Then some “moralizer” comes and says: “But those hideous crimes against humanity were destructive to life and hurtful to many families.” That is right. I agree 100% ...BUT now with Gyan in mind, I say to you: That will repeat again. You cannot change that. It will repeat exactly one more time in 5000 years. What can you do about it? Is your "politically correct" talk going to change anything? That is eternal return. That is "pure" Gyan. That is the Drama.
Of course, without this knowledge and the experience of it, it will be CRAZY, to say what I just expressed above to an audience without this knowledge. So.. beware...

With Gyan in mind:
Do we remember that? Or we still want to make a “soap opera” and cry when seeing scenes of actors performing a role?
Without having gyan in our “guts” we will forget that, and merely keep gyan in our “minds” for intellectual debates and logical riddles and believe that we can be “good.” Just an ego trip to Mars like 5000 years ago. :-)

Disclaimer: For those who are not Brahmin souls, who just happen to read this article, I am not saying that the activities of Hitler weren't hurtful. NO.
I am applying spiritual knowledge and merely separating the role from the actor. The perception of the role will change according to our consciousness. In this knowledge, All souls are beyond good and evil. The roles of those souls will be perceived as good or evil according to our consciousness. That consciousness is dictated by what we experience to be "true." That changes according to time.

Our perception of roles are “good and evil.” Without changing that perception, we cannot become "detached observers."
Do not lose hope in those who have lost hope


Posts: 723
Link with BKs: BK

Here we go again:

hope wrote:
Dear souls, “good and evil” are part of duality. God is beyond duality. See that?
This Drama of life is neither “good nor evil,” it is a movie which will take us exactly where we are now.
Is that good or evil?


Ok, let's play the game of intellectual juggling (which imo, is what you are doing), and use this weapon against your "truth". The difference between duality and non-duality is also a duality, right? So, if God is non-dual, He is still dual, because is in one side of a duality between dual and non-dual. So it's a never ending attempt to escape from something from which you can't escape. At some point you will have to choose a side of the coin, you can transcend some dualities, but not all of them. Some dualities are superficial, but others are essencial and can't, and shouldn't be left behind.

The thing is, God is not dual, because He is "pure good", and NOT evil. He would be dual if he had both aspects, so it's all a matter of playing with words (to try to seem smart?).

hope wrote:
To understand this Gyan, we need to go beyond the logic of the world. Yes, 2 +2 is 4 only in a math book, in the world of our head, that worshiped logic.
Reality is that a man plus a woman is usually more than 3…


Again, just playing with words... Not sure if answering this is really needed. A man plus a woman is usually more than 3? Really, where did that come from? I remember since I was child that I have 2 parents, not 3 or more. And the number of parents I have has never changed. Do you live in the same universe in which I live?

hope wrote:
Without seeing the above, we will be analyzing gyan, dissecting gyan only using our own mind to grasp it, when in all (perceived) reality, our own mind is the source of our own problems in life. We “think life.” Our logic is filtered through that mind.


So, according to you, I need to understand that "a man plus a woman is usually more than 3", otherwise I can't understand the Murli, right? uh hum... Really, I must be very dumb, trapped in my logical universe where 1+1=2, poor me. Imagine that all this time I didn't see my 3rd, 4th, etc. parents, because my limited mind prevented me to, although they were there to share their company since I was a child.

hope wrote:
Once we realize that roles are already in the soul playing through us, we cannot infer that the actor is “bad.”

Hitler was a role of a soul. Without the awareness of gyan , in the consciousness of a “normal” person, yes…that role has done many “evil” things. However, through the law of karma, we realize that in this Drama, “there are no victims,” moreover, we know that nothing can happen to a soul. A soul cannot die. It continues to take rebirth into another "role."


Even though Baba said "the soul is not immune to the effect of action", right? Aren't the sannyasis those who believe the soul is immune? From which side you are? But you say the soul is immune to the effect of action, like it's the most sublime of all BK churnings, when it's directly contradicting what Baba said so many times, crystal-clear in Murlis.

hope wrote:
Then some “moralizer” comes and says: “But those hideous crimes against humanity were destructive to life and hurtful to many families.” That is right. I agree 100% ...BUT now with Gyan in mind, I say to you: That will repeat again. You cannot change that. It will repeat exactly one more time in 5000 years. What can you do about it? Is your "politically correct" talk going to change anything? That is eternal return. That is "pure" Gyan. That is the Drama.


Understanding good and evil is good for us, is not because we want to change anything in the past. Is saying "everything is Drama" pure gyan? Baba said many times for us not to do that, because it prevents us from making effort. It also prevents us from taking responsibility of what will happen from now onwards.

hope wrote:
With Gyan in mind:
Do we remember that? Or we still want to make a “soap opera” and cry when seeing scenes of actors performing a role?
Without having gyan in our “guts” we will forget that, and merely keep gyan in our “minds” for intellectual debates and logical riddles and believe that we can be “good.” Just an ego trip to Mars like 5000 years ago.


So, if a person disagrees with you, it's logical riddles and ego trip. And what about you? Are you giving a showdown of ultimate wisdom, coming from sublime realisations of eternal truths? You seem to believe so. However, some of your ideas, and the Murlis, can't be right at the same time.

I think the heart of the problem, Avyakt7, is that you want to over-simplify things that cannot be further simplified. OR you just read too much about buddhism (or some philosophy out there), and you are mixing things up and presenting as purely BK knowledge.

Maybe you are the kind of soul who doesn't like rules, and you attempt to "break the rules". But breaking the rules of Baba's knowledge, mathematics and logic, isn't that a little too far? Surely you can still be creative and unique, without having to break such basic rules.
Last edited by EasyMeditation on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.


Posts: 3029
Link with BKs: BK
Exploring the Depth of Brahma Kumaris Gyan


Question: After observing the self closely, I have realized the two big hurdles in my spiritual journey are dependency and getting influenced. So, whenever I tried to work on it, either I start rejecting other personalities around me or I get flows with them. Baba often says that at this point of time in drama, a human cannot give constant happiness to other human. So, shall we reject the feelings of happiness we getting from others, so that we do not become dependent on that energy to sustain us or let just accept whatever is coming for now without thinking much about it. But, then the problem comes when that feeling changes into neediness and start affecting other things. Why do mind always looking out for someone, once we have found ourselves and God? This sanskaar of dependency is so deep that even after telling the mind to be dependent on God, it keeps pondering out. Your comments and suggestions on it.
by avyakt7
Thank you for your great question!

Dear soul,

Rejection of any kind will just hinder our spiritual progress. By rejecting we are giving force to that which we reject. The issue always comes back to our own neediness, our own opinions and our own ideals. There was no point in the cycle when a "human being could give constant happiness to another human." The issue now is that we are "empty" and we want to get that fulfillment from someone. We even want to fulfill that neediness through God.

Dear soul, This knowledge is the legacy that God has given us. Through that knowledge we can become self sovereign, a master of the self. At that point, there is no more neediness, but then we can share that completeness with others. That is love. If there is someone taking, that is neediness. If there is someone giving, that is ego. It is "Natural" to share as an expression of the self and not as a self imposed duty because it is "good."

What you are experiencing is a sign of honest progress. That is the realization of our own neediness. Finding God does not mean that everything "will be alright," it means that it is the time to start working on the self so we can become "Like the Father." Not a dependent being.

In my experience, solitude is the best medicine. Until we are not content with our own company, alone; we will be longing for others. Not everyone will be able to go through that, but in my experience; that has helped a lot to realize the "dependency game." In that space sit down, go beyond thoughts of our silly mind, go even beyond our own feelings and recognize that which is complete, your own self. Then changes will happen naturally, for you have to find the source of your own completeness. You are already complete. A soul just like God, but surrounded by the clouds of thoughts and emotions while living in sheer unconsciousness. We need to awake. That is what the BK path is for.

One last point; "telling the mind something," will not do anything. Telling ourselves something, will not do anything. There has to be will power on wanting to know the self despite the outside distractions. We already know God, right? and God has giving us this knowledge. Now we have to put it in practice, that is know the self by experiencing it; then the job will be done.

As you can see, knowing God is not enough. It is the beginning of the journey.

Best wishes!
Do not lose hope in those who have lost hope


Posts: 723
Link with BKs: BK

Hi, Avyakt7, I would like to make a comment on your latest post.

hope wrote:
Finding God does not mean that everything "will be alright," it means that it is the time to start working on the self so we can become "Like the Father." Not a dependent being.


True? Can you really be completely independent of everything? For example, are you not dependent on drinking water? Can you be alright without food?

So if we can be dependent on a glass of water, how can we not be dependent on God? How do you call such an attitude who considers good to remove God from life?

The thing is, we CAN'T be completely independent of everything else. We can have a perfectly balanced inter-dependency only with satvic things, but not independency.

To consider possible not to be dependent on anything else, is hypocrisy, unless you even stop breathing air and still remain alive.

PreviousNext

Return to Murli Points Discussion

cron