Board index Misc. BK History related topics The Avinashi Social club - the movie

The Avinashi Social club - the movie

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:31 am

Link with BKs: -
Are the PBKIVV missing the opportunity for their god's glorification through truth-telling? For decades they have been hoping for some Hollywood or Bollywood celebrity director to come along and be inspired ( Spielberg was often mentioned) to tell the Big Story when all along here it is, staring them in the face.

Can we have a poster for the "ASC- the movie" in the style to the one above, with the various actors' photos and their roles captioned, and some Hollywood style hyperbole? Maybe some gold embossing? That may convince them. They seem very taken with shiny things.

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:33 am

Well PP this is The Avinashi Social Club poster printed to publicise the film's screening at a BK Media meeting in NY. New info about the Om Mandli/PKKIVV Karachi days has since been revealed, and it would be a different film if made today...but thanks to the old and committed BK's who appeared in the film, and helped nudge the True Tale above the radar. TASC is no longer 'banned' but still regarded as 'defamatory' by Oz Senior Admin, though Admin have declined to give any reason for that statement.
Attachments
AVINASHI pGIM.jpg
AVINASHI pGIM.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 5623 times

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 am

Good to see you never miss an opportunity to publicise your work, Robin!
Very professional attitude! But that was not what i meant.

My request was for a poster in the style of "The Greatest Story Ever Told" poster - you know, with the actors in costume and in character - maybe use stills from the video?

Hey! Maybe you could, for your next project, do an adapted BK version of

DR STRANGELOVE - or how I learnt to stop worrying and love the Bomb

starring
- ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Peter Sellers as Dada Lekhraj/Prajapati God Brahma/ Mukhi Mangharam - head of Bhaibund committee/Prajapita Brahma/Dr Strangelove/ President of the USA

co-starring
ImageImageImage
Peter Sellers as Om Radhe/ The Queen Mother / Jagadamba saraswati

Or maybe just the various stars of Avinashi Social club - BK Tamsin, BK Chris, BK Niall et al. (which is really what i was asking)

Speaking of posters...
Hey , whatever happened to the USSR? One of the two alley cats that fight over the butter that Krisna steals? As seen in this poster ? These posters were approved by BB, by various transistors, and were in the halls and exhibitions and books right through the avyakt BD period until the 1990's when the USSR disintegrated. maybe a q. for the "Dynamic Knowledge" topic?

Not now Kato!!
Last edited by Pink Panther on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Oops ! Sorry about the huge poster : not sure how to resize and post.
Actually PP no personal promotion involved in the matter, just a nudge toward sharing the censored tale, the real story, with BK followers/adherents/family/true believers as may be.

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:53 pm

You'll need to resize the poster on your desktop (use a pixel number measure, maybe no wider than 1000 pixels) and upload it again.

Not saying you were "self" promoting, you were promoting your valuable film via social media. Without generating interest, who'd see it? Why make a film if no-one sees it. I fully understand.

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:00 am

AVINASHI pGIM.pdf
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 211 times

Thanks PP...less aggressive this size....
I've been rereading the quotes on the poster as published under Mama's hand: what a colourful journey PBKIVV has had...from the delusional 1930's and 1940's days of 'God Brahma' and clearing the decks for imminent destruction... to the 'God Shiva' days of the 1950's/'60's.and an accommodation and integration with the outside world...where to now in the Revelation department ?

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:21 am

Dear Pink Panther/ex.../f.....b.....
Your general slaughtering of 'sacred cows' usually does not make me react in any way,
but this was admittedly a bit funny, especially the Peter Sellers part. You're incorrigible!!!!

And... Robin, since Tamsin (Tamzin?) has done a Phd you should know that there is no such thing as the 'real story'.
Any version of history is subjective and has a position. This is covered in any post grad course. The module I did
was 'Representations and re-representations of history.'

This in no way of course undermines the film. You worked hard on it
and had a sincere aim, kudos for that. For me the highlight was your last impersonation as the hill billy radio
presenter. More of that would have been entertaining, if 'sacrilegious'.

Keep well both of you.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:22 am

hello landl...yes, it is true, that 'any version of history is subjective and has a position'. and what the PBKIVV has given its adherents and the world is , as informed stakeholders have known since 2007, a highly contrived hagiography of how PBKIVV came to understand ( according to its philosophy) that God Himself had descended on to Earth. Not just 'a Baba'...but G_O_D: recognised universally as the Absolute Number One (well not by the late, great Christopher Hitchens and other colourful spokespersons of the antitheist persuasion). The 'descent of God' story presented by PBKIVV, and still being presented in Madhuban and in many countries around the world, is still the same fictionally convenient one: Adi Dev, and its children,by PBKIVV Official Spokesman (sic) Brother Jagdish Chander. The book is highly subjective and takes a very strong position!

What I have tried to do myself , in order to minimise the concerns you have about the 'real story', is to circulate the original documents authorised by Om Mandli/PBKIVV, or draw on them, with minimal interpretation, as in the film, so that people can discover the development of the extraordinary tale themselves, with minimal editorialising, and so draw their own conclusions. A later document 'Reply to Is This Justice' recently discovered by unofficial BK researchers in Karachi, adds further richness to the picture. And recently discovered photos add more, and so the broad picture will become clear... well I think it has...broadly speaking. Alas, so far PBKIVV Senior Admin has been rather recalcitrant in coming to the party, as mentioned elsewhere.

Previous

Return to BK History related topics