Board index Newcomer Questions to be *** answered by BKs ONLY ** Newcomer Question and Answer, Help ** to be answered by BKs ONLY please ** Atma and brain

Atma and brain

** Newcomers - To ask a question, click on the link above this line. Then click "New Topic" for each new question. You will be asked to register if you have not logged in. Note: Do not use existing thread for a new question so that people can see new topics easily **

Post Wed May 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Link with BKs: BK
Om Shanti!

I was wondering if someone could explain the relation between the self and the brain i.e. how does the
Self control or influence the brain. I.e. The soul is situated in the brain, how do I see or hear etc. with the help of the brain. Thank you.

Post Sat May 16, 2015 1:05 pm

Om Shanti
Dear Divine Brother

You have asked a very good question. I am also interested to know more about it. However I am giving some inputs which may be helpful to you for further thinking.

Copied subject from net about vision
“Just as a camera lens focuses light onto film, a structure in the eye called the cornea focuses light onto a light-sensitive membrane called the retina. When light strikes either the rods or the cones of the retina, it's converted into an electric signal that is relayed to the brain via the optic nerve. The brain then translates the electrical signals into the images a person sees.”

But as per true knowledge the brain does not sees but the soul sees.

So the brain translates the electrical signals into waves like radio waves (electromagnetic radiation) which are received by the soul. The soul itself translates the waves into image may be after processing with its internal memory and vision takes place.

Soul and brain communicates each other through waves only.

Similarly Soul hears as follows

Copied subject from net about Hearing
• The sound waves cause the eardrum to vibrate which sets the three tiny bones in the middle ear into motion.
• The motion of these bones causes the fluid in the inner ear or cochlea to vibrate.
• The vibration of the inner ear fluid causes the hair cells in the cochlea to move. The hair cells change this movement into
electrical impulses.
• These electrical impulses are transmitted by the hearing (auditory) nerve to the brain where they are interpreted as sound.

But as per true knowledge the brain does not listen but the soul.

So the electrical impulses received by brain through auditory nerve are translated to waves which are received by the soul. The soul translates the waves into sound for hearing.

Soul and brain communicates each other through waves only.

With Baba's Yad

BK Atulya

Post Tue May 19, 2015 5:22 am

Astral wrote:
Om Shanti!

I was wondering if someone could explain the relation between the self and the brain i.e. how does the
Self control or influence the brain. I.e. The soul is situated in the brain, how do I see or hear etc. with the help of the brain. Thank you.

Even science cannot explain fully. For example, it says- image of an object falls on retina and brain understands it. But- we believe it is the soul that understands it.

Science says- proton attracts electron. There is gravitational force of attraction between any two bodies. But, why there is attraction? It does not have reply. It just says it is fundamental property. Similarly, we believe soul operates the body through brain.

Sometimes, a person may not use his brain much, if he has already used to that action enough no. of times. That is called as sanskaar. Once we develop (pure) sanskaar, then the dependency of brain or physical things also reduce. It becomes automatic/natural.
Last edited by mbbhat on Tue May 19, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murli Pt:- Gambheerataa se full marks jamaa hota hai. Mamma toh gambheerataa kee devi thi. = The virtue seriousness gives full marks. Mamma was a deity of seriousness.

Post Tue May 19, 2015 11:14 am

Om Shanti!

Thank you both for your reply. Your answers have definitely helped me visualiize the process and given me more clarification than before.

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:32 am

Link with BKs: Newcomer
Hello..

I believe the soul resides in middle of the chest somewhere and around the size of thumb. It is validated by some Upanishads...
DIVYANSHU RAJ

Post Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:51 am

DIVYANSHU wrote:
Hello..

I believe the soul resides in middle of the chest somewhere and around the size of thumb. It is validated by some Upanishads...

But, a tilak is put on forehead as the most important symbol in Hinduism, as well as as soon as we enter any temple, first a devotee puts a dot/tilak, which implies that I am a tilak/soul in the head (mastaka_mani, shiromani) .

Even in Gita, it is said to concentrate on eye brows while doing meditation. [Gita Shloka No.s 08-09 and 08-10]

More detailed discussions are given here- viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1170

It is also said in Gita that soul or supreme is even smaller than an atom.

BTW, I would like to know where in Upanishad it is said soul is size of thumb. [I also have heard it, but would like to know its verse or shloka number in Upanishad].
Murli Pt:- Gambheerataa se full marks jamaa hota hai. Mamma toh gambheerataa kee devi thi. = The virtue seriousness gives full marks. Mamma was a deity of seriousness.

Return to Newcomer Question and Answer, Help ** to be answered by BKs ONLY please **