Board index BK Section (BKs & New BK students only please) BK churning, realisations, and musings Be aware of yourself as a soul and perform all actions.

Be aware of yourself as a soul and perform all actions.

BK1

Link with BKs: BK
you are right brother, when I see myself detaching from mind,....... I say mind is separate from soul. And you are right, I am yet to understand that even I detach from mind, still I - self is active or conscious.....

I feel, soul can perform without the use of mind.....like Sun, Moon, Trees (and I think even God) act without mind.....To be more precise I would say it is not exactly without mind, instead it is without the actions of conscious analytical mind/thinking part of mind, soul can perform actions being aware/conscious of its own self rather than the mind......

And again, the sanskars (subconscious) of mind and its location to be identified...may be it is part of mind, permanent part of soul. Still Soul can perform/act without the influence of subconscious or conscious parts of mind.

Because we take human birth ( with a human subconscious mind of programs to run the body and past life thoughts/sanskars) with a mind, we use the conscious-analytical mind, And similarly Shiv Baba uses Brahma Baba's analytical or even subconscious mind.....otherwise I feel soul can act without analytical mind and also subconscious mind.......still brother, you may give a better understanding.

And in paramdham, there is no existence of thought or silence of mind....so soul may exist without logical-conscious-analytical thinking of mind or mind. But mind cannot exist without soul.

Then I also feel, the soul can exist and act without the use of conscious(analytical) and subconscious(sanskars or past thoughts or programs to run the body) part of mind. But under what conditions, we have to do a bit of churning.May be when the soul just act being in the present....but again to understand something, it needs mind. May be soul can understand without using mind.

The answers to be known are:

1. Is the soul separate from mind?

2. Can the soul act without conscious or/and sub conscious mind?

3. If the soul act in the world without using conscious or subconscious mind, from where it takes the information to act in the world?

You seem to reply with deep understanding, like Baba use to say we have to do deep churning,.....and your understanding about mind and soul would help us do better churning.

Thanks for your time and patience to reply the posts.

The answers to be known are:

1. Is the soul separate from mind?

2. Can the soul act without conscious or/and sub conscious mind?

3. If the soul act in the world without using conscious or subconscious mind, from where it takes the information to act in the world?

According to my knowledge,

1)Mind is included in soul, so not separate.

2) First we need to define what is action. Baba has said- even sleeping is also an action.

But, the sub conscious mind is result of sanskaar. If the sanskaars become stable, then the sub conscious mind also becomes stable.
Like if we are moving with constant velocity, we will feel at rest. Similarly, it will look as if we are not using the mind. But, actually we are using it (mind).

3) Information (flow) is necessary only in world of Maya. In heaven, even studies are simple- like learning language, music, drawing, etc. which would also be like natural growth. No exam, even the study need not be time bound.
Last edited by mbbhat on Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murli Pt:- Gambheerataa se full marks jamaa hota hai. Mamma toh gambheerataa kee devi thi. = The virtue seriousness gives full marks. Mamma was a deity of seriousness.

Om Shanti

My dear Brother,

Our most beloved Shiv Baba has told us always that "आत्मा मन, बुद्धि सहित हैं "

We know very well that according to Raja Yoga, soul is indivisible, irreducible, persistent or permanent. It is a point of consciousness which cannot be split, for it is a single entity, not made up of any parts. It is one whole.

Pl. refer Page No. 19 of the book “साप्ताहिक पाठ्यक्रम” written by our beloved Jagdish Bhai Ji.

आत्मा मन, बुद्धि, संस्कारों से अलग नहीं है बल्कि "मन" स्वयं आत्मा के संकल्प का अथबा दुःख-सुख के अनुभब का अथवा इच्छा या 'कामना' का नाम है I "बुद्धि" स्वयं आत्मा ही के निर्णय, विचार, विवेक-शक्ति या ज्ञान का नाम है और "संस्कार" स्वयं आत्मा द्वारा किये हुए अच्छे या बुरे कर्मो के आत्मा पर पड़े प्रभाव का नाम है I

Again in page no. 21, it is discussed elaborately on the heading –

"मन तथा बुद्धि आत्मा ही की चेतना की बिभिन्न अभिव्यक्ति के नाम हैं"

In which it is summarized as -

" वास्तव में आत्मा की इच्छा, कामना, कल्पना या अनुभूति का नाम ही "मन" है और आत्मा के विचार, निर्णय, धारणा, ज्ञान, स्मृति आदि का नाम ही "बुद्धि" है I “

We can understand it with following simple example, though examples can not be 100% equated to original one.

Our most sweet, loving father shiv baba has told us that soul is like battery.

Parts of a lead acid battery- plastc container, positive and negative plates, positive and negative grids, positive and negative terminals, water, acid etc. These parts can be separated from the battery.

But when the battery is connected to a load it supplies electricity. But electricity is not a part of battery which can be separated. If it is disconnected there is no flow of electricity, but battery is having the power to supply electricity.

Similarly soul is having the ability to think called mind even at paramdham. But it does not think. It has to apply its inner power even when it stats its journey from paramdham. That’s why our most beloved Baba says 100% peace is only at paramdham.

If we take soul as a magnet, then magnet is also having internal power to attract iron. But that power of attraction is not a part of magnet. Also the power of attraction can not be called as a magnet. Both are different.

I just tried to explain with Baba’s knowledge. But I think you can realize much better than me as you are practicing soul conciseness.

There is a series of discussion with brother mbbhat in the topic क्या मन आत्मा का एक अंग हैं? Whether mind is a part of soul?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2953

With baba’s Yad
BK Atulya

Previous

Return to BK churning, realisations, and musings