Board index BK Section (BKs & New BK students only please) BK churning, realisations, and musings Be aware of yourself as a soul and perform all actions.

Be aware of yourself as a soul and perform all actions.

BK1

Link with BKs: BK
Be aware of yourself as a soul (point of light at the centre of forehead) and perform all actions – speaking, eating, reading, thinking:

There should be balance in the awareness of self as a point of light at the centre of eyebrow and indulging in actions-both together at the same time. With this practice, there will not be the arrogance of body image-body consciousness of either self or others and every action becomes successful receiving co-operation from all.

Liberation (either by knowledge or by punishment) and liberation in life: What is love between human beings? Man loves woman, or woman loves man, mother or father get attached to son/daughter, all his/her attention is drawn away from all objects of the world and get focused on one object. Then one day even this object disappears bringing complete disinterest to the person – this is like the person is made to experience the disinterest, created by force(punishment) by the nature/time (because the mind of the person is not able to bear the pain of retaining that lost image-person). The complete image or object disappears from the mind and mind becomes blank or free from images. When the illusion or images disappear from the mind, the true nature of being/soul is experienced. I am not body, I am not any particular image and there is no truth in the image either outside or within me. All human beings are nothing but point of energies without images….this realization dawns on the person. It is a type of liberation from the illusionary world – complete disinterest in worldly action.

Then comes, the liberation from the illusory world but still involved in worldly action. This is known as liberation in life. He/she finds/experiences (either by force/punishment or by knowledge) the reality of the illusionary world but at the same time finds the bliss, love, happiness within the self naturally, not losing them even whilst dealing with worldly actions. He/she keeps moving, from the extreme disinterest towards the illusionary world and worldly objects (by completely renouncing the images of body of self and others, and also the worldly objects) to extreme love for the self, - according to their wish, whenever they want and at any situation.

This liberation in life is experienced by renouncing the body of self and others mentally. The moment all the physical consciousness disappears from mind, the soul consciousness ( the lightness, the peace, love, happiness, powers) appears. And this state of awareness of the original self can be retained al the time constantly by keeping right balance in the awareness of self and the awareness of daily actions like reading, writing or any other work.

The attention should be, to avoid getting over-indulged in action losing the awareness of soul (free from the images of physical objects like our own body or others or worldly things or thoughts).

Link with BKs: Newcomer
soul (point of light at the centre of forehead)

Is soul point of light?

There should be balance in the awareness of self as a point of light at the centre of eyebrow and indulging in actions-both together at the same time

If you understand the time concept of its smallest unit called "samay", then it is said that two things cannot be done with mind at 1 samay. Mind can clear doubts one at a time & so is the case of balance. Either you can concentrate on what you say as a point of light or you can do these other activities. If both are done simultaneously, it will not happen. But still if you do it forcefully, it will fracture mind in discrete intervals & will make it further more impossible to concentrate on that light.

With this practice, there will not be the arrogance of body image-body consciousness of either self or others and every action becomes successful receiving co-operation from all.

Again this is against laws of Karma.
One gets success when his punya arises. Also cooperation from others may not be the result of this form of yoga as it is all your karma which will decide whether you get support from others or not. But one things is possible that whether you get support from others or not, it will cast lesser impact on you if you concentrate on that light.

This liberation in life is experienced by renouncing the body of self and others mentally.

And what one cannot renoune is Mind. And till the mind is not renounced, all remaining renouncement are temporary & can again hold the self.

The moment all the physical consciousness disappears from mind, the soul consciousness ( the lightness, the peace, love, happiness, powers) appears.

It is the mental consciousness, not soul consciousness. All these feelings & powers are experienced by mind. When ego becomes one with this feeling, the divinity is experienced but its temporary because as soon as you come out of it, all distractions start.

The attention should be, to avoid getting over-indulged in action losing...

That is definitely true. Over indulgence in anything is useless whether it is speech, action, thoughts or any external object.

BK1

PeaceOnEarth wrote:
soul (point of light at the centre of forehead)

Is soul point of light?

yes

There should be balance in the awareness of self as a point of light at the centre of eyebrow and indulging in actions-both together at the same time

If you understand the time concept of its smallest unit called "samay", then it is said that two things cannot be done with mind at 1 samay. Mind can clear doubts one at a time & so is the case of balance. Either you can concentrate on what you say as a point of light or you can do these other activities. If both are done simultaneously, it will not happen. But still if you do it forcefully, it will fracture mind in discrete intervals & will make it further more impossible to concentrate on that light.

2 things cannot be done at the same time but mind can move fast from one thought to another. The main practice is to retain awareness of soul instead of awareness of I and mine of body consciousness

With this practice, there will not be the arrogance of body image-body consciousness of either self or others and every action becomes successful receiving co-operation from all.

Again this is against laws of Karma.
One gets success when his punya arises. Also cooperation from others may not be the result of this form of yoga as it is all your karma which will decide whether you get support from others or not. But one things is possible that whether you get support from others or not, it will cast lesser impact on you if you concentrate on that light.

when you concentrate on light , it is like you destroy your karmic accounts and hence you become free from obstructions

BK1

PeaceOnEarth wrote:
This liberation in life is experienced by renouncing the body of self and others mentally.

And what one cannot renoune is Mind. And till the mind is not renounced, all remaining renouncement are temporary & can again hold the self.

Mind is part of soul or even can be called as soul, it cannot be renounced but it can become quiet

The moment all the physical consciousness disappears from mind, the soul consciousness ( the lightness, the peace, love, happiness, powers) appears.

It is the mental consciousness, not soul consciousness. All these feelings & powers are experienced by mind. When ego becomes one with this feeling, the divinity is experienced but its temporary because as soon as you come out of it, all distractions start.

mind is not different from soul. Peace, love and happiness are the natural qualities of soul, you never go in and come out but you emerge or access the natural qualities. Yes, if you focus on unnatural qualities, you lose the natural nature of soul. Natural nature or the original qualities of soul is universal for all human beings

The attention should be, to avoid getting over-indulged in action losing...

That is definitely true. Over indulgence in anything is useless whether it is speech, action, thoughts or any external object.

Here, over indulgence means not to lose contact with the awareness of soul even whilst performing mental or physical actions.

POE:
Is soul point of light?
BK1:
yes

But light is matter which is gross or physical or sthool. Soul is sookshmatam sookshama. Right?
Also if it is light, then there must be light(white or red?) inside our head.

2 things cannot be done at the same time but mind can move fast from one thought to another. The main practice is to retain awareness of soul instead of awareness of I and mine of body consciousness

By getting away from physical consciousness, of course one gets elevated but till influence of mind is there, one is stuck in mental plane or mental conscious.

when you concentrate on light , it is like you destroy your karmic accounts and hence you become free from obstructions

If destroying karma is so easy, anyone would have done that, then even Patanjali could have told this method to destroy karma instead of doing intense meditation practices.

Mind is part of soul or even can be called as soul, it cannot be renounced but it can become quiet

Alright, so I got it where the confusion point resides. Fact is that, soul exists as an independent entity. It is also separate from mind. You are separate from mind just like me. If you are able to see or read or know thoughts, then mind will be completely separate from you or the soul. Soul is seer which does not possess mental parmanoos or mangranthi. Mind is a separate body, sthool enough to be identified.

mind is not different from soul.

Then self realization is difficult. It is to realize Self independently, independent of mind, body, intellect, ego & chitta. One can recognize his mind from the moment he gets worldly awareness of i & my.

Peace, love and happiness are the natural qualities of soul

Happiness or bliss? The kind of peace & love you are talking about vanishes when someone scolds you hard & then it takes time to get back to the all sorts of mental adjustment. Delay time varies from one-another. If peace & love of soul arises, then no other desires remain but it is not so in BK path because we were constantly asked to get away from desires. When desires are not part of soul, what is the need of such efforts & after self realization, desires automatically leave.

Here, over indulgence means not to lose contact with the awareness of soul even whilst performing mental or physical actions.

So does that mean it is not natural rather you have to push yourself to remain in such state of awareness.

Natural nature or the original qualities of soul is universal for all human beings

Both natural qualities (prakritic guna) & soul qualities (atma guna) are different.

BK1

soul is a point of light but not physical, it can be spiritual light beyond 5 elements.

It is said in hatha yoga that those who concentrate on third eye destroys past life sins.

mind, soul - they are all words to make people understand. It can be said: the mind becomes quiet or the soul remain in its nature not influenced by mind or thoughts, still people call that awareness of soul as universal mind - being just an observer.

Beyond happiness and sorrow is bliss which is natural nature. Bliss is the natural experience beyond the five senses.In bliss, you remain happy,content, free from desires.

There is nothing like BK path or Non-BK path. The goal is to become natural. And the goal is universal in nature not limited to any organisation or any individual. And, I believe even BKs goal is also to reach that natural nature.

Yes, it needs attention - focus to remain in natural state because now unnatural state has become natural state of human beings.

Natural nature - what is meant here is the nature that are original, true...

soul is a point of light but not physical, it can be spiritual light beyond 5 elements.

Light is light consisting photons. I don't understand the difference between physical light & spiritual light. Please elaborate the points of difference. What i have known till today is that inner body is definitely divine & portrayal of image & light can also occur. Chakras have their own colours which when opened display magnificient colours in each petal of the flower present at the chakras. So, that is definitely there. But in all these, the one who sees it including all light & colored objects within body is the soul. That observer or seer is soul, separate from light.

It is said in hatha yoga that those who concentrate on third eye destroys past life sins.

So much is said about Hatha Yoga but much really comes out after practicing it is the reality.

mind, soul - they are all words to make people understand. It can be said: the mind becomes quiet or the soul remain in its nature not influenced by mind or thoughts, still people call that awareness of soul as universal mind - being just an observer.

See both are separate completely. They are part of your complete being or existence & we cannot talk like this that they are same. Still if that way boosts ones development then it is good.

Beyond happiness and sorrow is bliss which is natural nature. Bliss is the natural experience beyond the five senses.In bliss, you remain happy,content, free from desires.

I agree with your viewpoint & moreover it is a matter of experience.

There is nothing like BK path or Non-BK path. The goal is to become natural. And the goal is universal in nature not limited to any organisation or any individual. And, I believe even BKs goal is also to reach that natural nature.

Thank god, atleast you said that. This is what I always felt. It was impossible for such a great organization to preach anything which takes one away from Liberation or Moksha which triggers an end to a sufferings. I think the plan of BKWSU is also divine. As they say that truth will be revealed with time. So, I think they will come out with truth that all things that are taught till today, & may be for some more years, were just to elevate people. And for that many theories containing serious flaws were given. But at last when all will get prepared, the path will be diverted toward the actual Moksha which all Indian yoga systems talk about. Otherwise no wise person would confirm the present BK theory. Human beings are born with capabilities to realize Godhood within. Who would really care about going to heaven if there is a way to become free from birth - death cycle forever. Even the time cycle has been reduced to a tiny one of 5000 years. Why? So that people make efforts & do not wait for next birth. It all seems to be a good plan which will finally open towards Moksha.

Yes, it needs attention - focus to remain in natural state because now unnatural state has become natural state of human beings.

Very true. This is Kalyug & such states are bound to occur.

BK1

Dear peaceonearth,

yes, the mind is separate from soul....may be I am late to realize what you had mentioned in your reply.

please share ur email and whatsapp....hope you can share the real experience with many of us.

Om Shanti

Dear Divine Sisters and Brothers,

BK1 writes:- yes, the mind is separate from soul....may be I am late to realize what you had mentioned in your reply

My dear brother,

I have read your posts deeply and think that you are always practicing soul consciousness. May be you are watching your thoughts detaching yourself from your mind / thoughts, so you are saying mind is separate from soul.

But is there any existence of thought / mind without soul?

Please reply

Regards
BK Atulya

Next

Return to BK churning, realisations, and musings