Board index BK Section (BKs & New BK students only please) BK churning, realisations, and musings EGO OF KNOWLEDGE/SPIRITUALITY

EGO OF KNOWLEDGE/SPIRITUALITY

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:23 am

Link with BKs: BK
Body consciousness (ego of body) is the called as highest ego.

Lowkik people, have ego of materials and material knowledge.

But BKs and PBKs have ego of spiritual knowledge. This is the main cause for all bondages and their troubles. Ego of knowledge can also be called as ego of intellect.

Actually ego of body is also due to ego of intellect only. Because just body is not the cause. It depends on the intellect inside the soul how it feels about the body.

So- summarizing, all ego - either spiritual or lowkik- can be termed as ego of intellect.. Because intellect is the highest power of the soul. If that is used properly, one rises, else falls.
Last edited by mbbhat on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murli Pt:- Gambheerataa se full marks jamaa hota hai. Mamma toh gambheerataa kee devi thi. = The virtue seriousness gives full marks. Mamma was a deity of seriousness.

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:29 am

Ego will be in two forms- One in the form of EGO itself and the other IGNORANCE (eg- seen in children or less intellectuals).

Ego enters when we use anything wrongly or using without knowing its full value.

Similarly- when we wish to adopt spiritual knowledge also-

- in limited manner- if we think- let me try to give Baba's message to some group of people- there is ego.

- let me argue with others- there is ego.

[at any point of time- if we do not have the whole population of the world in our mind, we are in ego- because the aim of knowledge is to benefit the whole mankind].

So- we should be in feeling (faith) of everyone is comfortable or be sure that- my effort is for the whole world and not just to people in front of me [that is- think globally, act locally]- then only there will be neither ego, nor ignorance.

When we forget the purpose of knowledge (instrument), we use the instrument inefficiently or wrongly. This sometimes hurts others or removes virtues in us. This is why Baba says- Truth (Knowledge) will be revealed only by sabhyata (virtues).
------------- -------
Knowledge is like sun rays, and to have connection with sun is Yoga. When we forget Baba and try to enjoy just in sun rays, we will not expereince depth of sun. [Like playing the waves of ocean, but not going deep in it].

So- we should not be atached even to knowledge. This is the greatest Maya which we can say Ishwariy roop (Godly form) of Maya.

When a person becomes rich, he feels money as ordinary. similarly, when we become knowledgeful, we should feel knowledge is ordinary.

Murli point- Jab sabhi manokaamanaayen poorn hoti hain, phir gyaan ki bhi darkar nahin = When your all wishes become fulfilled, then there is no need of even knowledge.
--------------
We should have authority over knowledge. But many times, we develop ego of knowledge. To have authority, one should sit comfortably in his seat/position [swamaan= soul conscious stage].

Else- like lowkik people misuse their position, power- Same thing occurs in spirituality - if one does not know his position or fails to sit in the post when a new post is given (WHEN WE ACT BY CONSIDERING OURSELVES WITH THE FEELING THAT I AM A BK).
Murli Pt:- Gambheerataa se full marks jamaa hota hai. Mamma toh gambheerataa kee devi thi. = The virtue seriousness gives full marks. Mamma was a deity of seriousness.

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:10 am

Highest authorities are- Drama and ShivBaba.

So- without having feeling of these two, even if we do anything or not willing to do what they (srimath) direct, it is ego in the form of ego or laziness.

Why getting influenced to bodily people is ego? It is because we violate rules of drama and God. So- even if we bend our head to any physical personality, it is ego. Why bending is ego? Because the moment we bend to anyone, it is as good as forgetting (ignoring) Baba and drama.

But if we bend to anyone as a soul, it is not ego. Because we will not be bending internally. We will be dancing. But the point is- if the other person cannot dance like me, then teach him to the extent he learns. Else it will be foolishness to serve food more than what a person can eat.

Just think- Why don't Baba come before his time (SAY IN copper age) to rescue his children? Because he surrenders himself to drama. Else why not we question God - why do you not want to come before?
----------
Soul is eternal. So- if we bend to anything, to any mortal things- body, matter- let it be Chariot itself- it is as good as suicide (going beyond soul conscious).

Actually- we should not get affected by even good actions (charitr), if our aim is to become karmaateet (above feeling or fruit of actions).

To have interest in knowledge is also EGO. To have interest in truth/essence only is not ego. So- if we try to know, when Krishna will take birth, when destruction will begin, etc- it is ego- if we are doing them without remembrance of Baba or eternal things (absolute truth).
------------------------------------------
So- even if I think I should be ready to do something to satisfy someone or few limited people, it is ego. [because I cannot be in saakshi stage].

[Because I am a soul child of God having connection with all the souls- and not just a few souls- so having interest in a few souls- means ignoring my other Brothers].

But if i wish I want to do something for the whole humanity, then it is not ego. [I will be saakshi stage here].

If I am sure that- what I do uplifts the self esteem (Character, health or basic necessities of life) of a person, then only it is good, and in that process, my self esteem should not decrease. Then only it is righteous action.

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:12 am

There is a saying-

Life is lost in living (means struggling). AND
Knowledge is lost in Information (this makes wandering).

This fits everywhere- even in spirituality. [So- Master of none, Jack of many].

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:20 am

How to differentiate between knowledge, essence and information?

Knowledge are those which have productivity, which are to be adopted in life. there is flow in knowledge. For example- what is soul, who is god, etc, what are soul's quality, god's attributes, etc.

information is like live less. It is there. Even after getting (knowing it), there is zero progress. For example, how deities will take birth, when destruction will begin, etc.

Essence only is the real/full use.

As we progress, even The Knowledge what we have imbibed will become just information.

The essence of The Knowledge is the one that has highest flow. That means- it never loses its value/taste even to the smallest extent as you use it (or get it). And that is Yoga. It is similar to sales/business/money/earning.

If knowledge is like producing a product (understanding to do Yoga), sales (doing Yoga) bring profit. even after selling 1000 pieces, the 1001th piece will also fetch the same profit as the previous one.

So-
information is something which is not required in design of the product,

knowledge is something which are needed in design and manufacturing the product, and

Yoga (OR BEING IN ABSOLUTE TRUTH) is the utilization of the product.

[http://www.brahmakumarisforum.net/chat/absolute-and-relative-truths-t1278.html ]

Baba says- there is no benefit in trance (it is like information). There is use in knowledge. But Yoga is the best.
--------

Then why do we need information? It is because we are living in coordination with many things. Unexpected things may occur on the path. So- it is good if we have some idea about that. They also act like mile stones which give a measure to what extent, we have reached or signals which guide the road effectively.

For - example- in a journey- goal is essence, road is The Knowledge and other things are information. All the side scenes on the road are also information. Of the whole information, one needs very less amount.

If one is not enough knowledgeable, he will get stuck in the information.

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:25 am

TO WHAT EXTENT WE SHOULD BE CONSCIOUS OF MURLI POINTS?

SM 2-3-89(2):- Baap kahte hain guhy te guhy baatein sunata hun. Tum note karo. Tum nayi points note karo. PURANI KAAM MAY NAHIN AAYENGI. Bhaashan ke baad phir yaad aayegaa ki yah points agar samjhate to buddhi may theek baith jati thi. -85

= Father says- (I) tell you deep points. Note them. You note new points. THE OLD (POINTS) WILL NOT COME INTO USE. …

THERE CAN BE FEW MORE SUCH MURLI POINTS.
------

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:29 am

1)One who lives on essence would be carefee (100% knowledgeful) - will be influenced by none, but pure things only (God, Paramdham and Heaven) = fully independent (since these three are birth rights)

2)One who lives on knowledge will feel some tiredness.- will be influenced by actions of self = dependent on self = will have expectation in self= not self content

3)One who lives on information will have expectation from others. - will be influenced by actions of others too. = dependent on others.
------
1) is like yogi, 2) has mixture of bhogi, 3) has mixture of rogi.

1) is like moving towards goal.
2) is like trying to catch one's own shadow.
3) is like to catch someone else.

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:31 am

The saying- If exceeded, even the elixir will become poison fits well everywhere.
When one does deep study without right objective, it will turn negative.

The science has become cause for destruction of world.

Of the same murli- there are egoistic BKs, PBKs, Vishnu Party, and even few more parties are created.

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:31 am

Actually- The eight powers of Rajayoga explained explained by BKWSU is not just spiritual . it applies to even science or materials.

When a building is constructed, it is designed to tolerate heat, wind, etc. also to face and adjust with many internal as well as external situations. internal could be the elastic capacity to return to its original position after expansion or compression.

When a machine designed its various parts should be able to cooperate with each other.

every part should have discrimination power- to retain its property even when acting with other parts.

also- today's- technology can have very high resolution which is also another aspect of discrimination.

Robots will have Artificial intelligence and hence have power to judge.

But- there it is limited- just to the present state - but spiritually- it is for unlimited sense.

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:34 am

Who is really intelligent (knowledgeful)?

It is not one who knows more. It is the one who earns more.

It is not the one who has highest knowledge earns more. It is the one who does maximum business earns most. [ Hence Baba says- remembrance and service are the two ways for earning].

Hence even though might has highest value, the one who has highest happiness is the real might.
-------------
In other words- who in the world is rich? The one who is satisfied. Else, whatever money he has, the money has not served the purpose.

so- one who has highest contentment is the one who is really knowledgeful.

Next

Return to BK churning, realisations, and musings