Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: my experience with BK
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:34 am 

Link with BKs: ex-BK
iam sriram from sharjah. i have been with Bk from 2001 till 2005. That was a period which i cannot forget in this life and after. I had lots and lots of experiences in brahmakumaris. I have been to madhuban for three times and i always cherish these memories.

Unfortunately i had to take a decision between my lokik parents and Bk. I felt that i have to please my parents who are my living god in front of me and i decided to leave the BK.

But still i get lots of experiences from baba. I am not going to the centre but still i am still always remembering Baba and i live in that memories.

It came to my notice that the house where iam staying was previously used as bk centre and i feel that baba is always with me.

with divine love and affection

sriram

Post subject: Re: my experience with BK
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:02 pm 

Link with BKs: -
Welcome to this forum Sriram!

When Baba lives in your heart, there is no way that you can ever live Him. Even though with your lokiks, you are still remembering those moments which you cherished. When there is no Murli, Baba mentioned; there is remembrance... although nowadays, there are many avenues to obtain it... and by joining us, you are with your BK family worldwide... this is the beauty of the "confluence..."

All the best and please share your experiences if you feel up to.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:37 pm 

Om Shanti!

Thanks to baba for giving me this opportunity to find this forum. I had put "brahmakumaris" in google alert that i got your forum.

I want to use this forum to relive my experiences with Brahma kumaris. The intention is for me to understand and evaluate for myself how fortunate iam that i got these experiences.

It all Started with BK Surya bhai who had come to chennai for a program "Touch the Light". I was invited by my friend and i had no knowledge about spirituality when i was invited.

But during that time i was mentally upset on some things and i was almost like an atheist.

I sat on the third row and someone mentioned to me to adore the first seat and i did that. Then the program started and the sister informed me that we will start with meditation and everyone join the same. I was surprised that they did not tell anything about meditation and suddenly they are asking to do it.

The lights were switched off and the meditation started. There began my journey. It was 6.00 pm and the sun was setting but for me it was sunrise then. I could not explain in words what had happened but a transformation happened that day.

After the program i asked the sister there that i understood that meditation is a link which connects us to the infinite source of energy. But i asked her why should i do that? Her answer was not that appealing to me but still i heard that and went back.

After that day, i could not resist from not going to the centre.

I live in chennai nearly 40 kms from the centre but it was a miracle that i could daily go to the centre.

Will continue on my experiences tomorrow. It is 2.30 uae time. it is time for me to see the Zee Tv program on Brahma Kumaris.

with lots of love and affection

om shanti
sriram.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:31 pm 

sriram,

What was the "transformation" that you mentioned?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:38 am 

Om Shanti

Actually the transformation happened little later but the seeds were laid that day. It so happened that after the first day in BK centre, i was so much intoxicated that i was regularly going to the centre to take the class. But still i was not fully convinced with the concept but still continued that it is something good so let me continue.

One day myself and my BK Sister who introduced me had a conversation and i was mentioning to her that still i cannot believe that God is giving us the Murli himself. That time the BK Sister informed me that iam not still having the faith on the whole thing. By hearing this i got agitated and i had a fight with GOD.

That day night i was asking GOD, why he is giving me this whole thing. I did not ask you to take me to the centre. When iam asking questions then some one is saying that i dont have faith? If it is so then it is your duty to clarify me. Who else will be able to do.... Like this the conversation continued and i was crying and slept.

Next day morning i wrote in my daily letter to GOD, that i dont know what were my questions and what answers i got but i am feeling satisfied and i have unshakable faith on the BK.

I still beleive that the questions that were for my soul was answered and so i was able to feel normally.

This is the transformation which i mentioned. But the starting point was on the first day.

With Lots of Love and Affection

Sriram

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:53 am 

Sriram wrote:
Unfortunately i had to take a decision between my lokik parents and Bk. I felt that i have to please my parents who are my living god in front of me and i decided to leave the BK.

sriram wrote:
Next day morning i wrote in my daily letter to GOD, that i dont know what were my questions and what answers i got but i am feeling satisfied and i have unshakable faith on the BK.

Dear Sriram;
Thank you for sharing your experiences. Please take a look at those 2 paragraphs that you wrote... and feel free to comment if you feel appropriate... Best wishes to you.. :-)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:43 am 

Om Shanti

Dear sister / brother

You have quite rightly pointed out the contradictions in my words / mind / actions.

I have noticed one thing that whenever iam in connection with BK, that means connected to GOD, then my thinking has been at a different level. I have also noticed that Baba does not leave his hand of blessings on us but we many many times leave him and forget him. And at that moment our state of mind reflects this point that we are not in contact with the infinite source.

Also i have noticed one glaring problem in my self. when i was with the BK, i will be the first in everything. As i mentioned i used to go to the centre from 40 kms still i will be in the first seat. And when baba knows that iam trying he always reserved me the first seat for me. Also i got the appreciation from Rosy behenji, i can give you so many instances where my (I) got satisfied even in this spiritual organisation, where the first lesson is to destroy the (I).

But nowwhen i want to reply to your question, i feel that i was not motivated really by the teachings but the (I) in me has actually motivated this. Because (I) need appreciation, recognition etc and in this my entire goal has been lost.

In the Mahabaratha, Arjuna starts the conversation with Krishna saying that, Krishna take the chariot to the centre of the battle field, and after 700 slokas ..... , he finally says, Krishna please tell me the correct path to salvation, i dont know .....

When it started, Arjuna resents killing his own people, because if they are all not there then who will praise him? if no one is there to fight, where can he boast of his archery skills ?
So his intention not to kill these people was not out of high moral principles, but his selfish motives. Actually he has killed many many people before this battle that time he did not feel anything bad.

Similarly i feel although i was in the BK, although the true meanings were there in front of me, still my inner selfishness only guided me and i forgot to connect to the truth. This might be one reason why iam no where today.

Please reply with your opinion.

OM Shanti

Sriram

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:06 pm 

Dear soul,

You are very close to finding your answer. You have realized that there is something in you which unless it is changed you will not be fulfilled. You have recognized that "I" (ego) is looking for fulfillment...as you, the soul; looks at the role of sriram in a "detached manner" the soul will realize what you need "to do" next if that "mirage" is to dissapear. Many will choose to live with that mirage of being a "role" and be like everyone else: suffering one day, smiling the next, complaining an hour later, fighting for "their rights" the next hour and being submissive to another by noon...Very few will dare to experience life without that mirage. That is a spiritual path.

You, the soul have experienced something unique. To deny that is to "put away" the gift of being "awake" in this life. But, if you "choose" to live in that mirage, certainly you will have plenty of company...
Follow your heart.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]