Board index Announcements/General Running of forum Maintaining a high level of discussion

Maintaining a high level of discussion

Questions, Proposals, Polls, Suggestions, and Feedback

Link with BKs: -
Learning Spirit's point is valid.

It is challenging the prejudice and chauvinism inherent in the topic name and the first post.

Just because someone adopts a label and a lot of new jargon doesn't mean their thinking has become 'higher" which means either superior, purer, more precise or less prone to fault or delusion.

People will say, "I am not racist but...." and then proceed to generalise about a race.

VofS says he is not "caste-ist, but..."

Link with BKs: BK

Just to clear out, I never said BK churning is higher than lokik (maybe it is, but I never made such affirmation).

I consider high level of discussion that which have a focus on the topic, and a lower, one which is invaded by off-topic repetitive arguments.

By all means bring the best arguments of all viewpoints to this forum, as long as based in logic and not in emotion. But please, bring them on the right topic. That's all!

Link with BKs: -
I try to stay ON topic. Sometimes I circumambulate somewhat, or go a little lateral to make a point, but I try to relate it back. If anyone has not understood how it relates to topic they can just ask 'How does this relate to the topic?".

If there's repetition, its because the point has not been adequately responded to. Example (please don't take this purrsonally):.

A. Dolphins can fly
B: There is no documented evidence of a dolphin flying
A. Thats because they never do it when anyone is watching
B. Then how can you make that claim ?. Do you have any evidence?
A. You asked me that already. You are monotonously repeating yourself.

Oh and often replies are not relating directly to topic but to something else someone has said in the conversation - and thats why we use the "quote" function so people know what is being replied to.

AS long as there is a 'thread" winding through the discussion, I'm purrfectly happy to play with it.
gulp

Ok, in that case open a new thread called "can dolphins fly?" And discuss there, and let people continue to discuss about how beautiful is the dolphin flight in the other topics, without disturbance.

Link with BKs: In Contact
Dear Easy Meditation, I love the BK philosophy and one of the main reasons is because it is peaceful, non judgmental and non militant. Please look within yourself before judging others and try to remember that the mind is like a parachute - it works better when it is open! It would be a shame if genuine free speech were banned on this forum. I am a newcomer and I thought this would be a place of tolerance and love, maybe I am being naive. :cry:

Oh my God!!! for the last time:

I NEVER SUGGESTED FREE SPEECH TO BE BANNED FROM THIS FORUM!!!

Read my posts again please!!!!!!

Link with BKs: In Contact
EM, calm down dear, it's only a forum ;)
EasyMeditation wrote:

EasyMeditation wrote:

Previous

Return to Running of forum