Board index Announcements/General Running of forum Maintaining a high level of discussion

Maintaining a high level of discussion

Questions, Proposals, Polls, Suggestions, and Feedback

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:14 am

Link with BKs: BK

I decided to bring this into attention since I've realized something in many of the topics here.

We BKs come here mostly to churn gyan. Many topics were opened by Brahmins to churn the knowledge and come to interesting and creative conclusions.

But then, there are the skeptics, those non-BKs who seem to go in almost every post and repeat again and again the same thing, breaking the level and atmosphere of discussion. For example Pink Panther, who keeps repeating again and again the same repetitive claims on the authority of modern science and her theories. It's just innapropriate as he keeps inserting the same arguments in any topic which was inittially a churning between BKs, and forcing the discussion to go to a completely different direction than what was initially intended, about things which many BKs already responded in topics which were focused in those questions.

I don't know how much this forum is really a place for BK churnings, but just in case it's a ground for repetitive fights between BKs and skeptics, I'm rapidly losing my interest on participating in it, which was initially an enthusiasm for finding a place for rich churnings on knowledge.

Edit: DISCLAIMER: Just to clear out, I never said BK churning is higher than lokik (maybe it is, but I never made such affirmation).

I consider high level of discussion that which have a focus on the topic, and a lower, one which is invaded by off-topic repetitive arguments.

By all means bring the best arguments of all viewpoints to this forum, as long as based in logic and not in emotion. But please, bring them on the right topic. That's all!
Last edited by EasyMeditation on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:26 am

EasyMeditation wrote:
I'm rapidly losing my interest on participating in it, which was initially an enthusiasm for finding a place for rich churnings on knowledge.

The only way to come out of conflicts is- consider everyone as pure and do discussions in the nimitt bhaav (trustee).

Or consider every Bk as a deity and every non BK as a devotee so that - in the former, we will see ourselves in others and in the later, we will pardon and love others.

Else, we will be in conflicts.

And, knowledge does not have high value. It is yoga/remembrance that has value.

We should Remember Baba, and be sure that we do not develop ego of knowledge. May be some points here below of use.

We are students and never teachers, so we should never act as teachers.But, we all fail in this usually. Of course, we should teach others, but we are there just like one of the hands of Babab- instrument and even while doing so, we should check the pulse of the other and then give medicine.

ego-of-knowledge-t1410.html
Murli Pt:- Gambheerataa se full marks jamaa hota hai. Mamma toh gambheerataa kee devi thi. = The virtue seriousness gives full marks. Mamma was a deity of seriousness.

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:35 am

Mbbhat, your philosophy is correct, however it doesn't change what I said. Yoga and humility are incognito and not measurable. However this forum exists for discussion. I raised the issue about repetitive and off-topic claims by skeptics, to the point that it's hard to make any churning without having to repeat all over again the counter arguments against modern science and skepticism. If that's how this forum works, then I'll probably lose my interest in participating.

I suggest making a section of the forum specially for the discussion of modern science vs gyan, and not allowing that kind of debates to overflow through all of the topics.

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:52 am

Yes, you are right. Because when we are in the forum. I agree.
Murli Pt:- Gambheerataa se full marks jamaa hota hai. Mamma toh gambheerataa kee devi thi. = The virtue seriousness gives full marks. Mamma was a deity of seriousness.

VisionOfSelf User avatar
Site Admin

Easymeditation, I've been noticing what you've been saying too about the same repetitive (& long) arguments by skeptics taking threads off-track. Will bring this up with the other admins so we can do some restructuring.

Can you point to the specific sub-forums / topics where you're seeing this please???
We can make more of these BK-only to allow the rich discussion for churning without being thrown off-track.

(We're also interested in capturing other viewpoints but that can always be done in a separate sub-forum topic such as "Open discussion")

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:53 pm
VisionOfSelf User avatar
Site Admin

bk-churning-realisations-and-musings-f25.html

This has been moved into the BK section to provide a safe space for BKs only discussion.

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:33 am

Link with BKs: -
Easy observes that 'We BK's come here mainly to churn gyan'. That is only a modest part of the forum's intention, surely, see below. It appears that Easy has been a member of the forum for little more than a week, so it must have been a very dedicated week. And I also agree and sympathise with some of Easy's sentiments.
However, the forum was generously begun by some open minded BKs as a 'Friendly, unofficial, forum for conversations and discussion. Ask, Answer, Read, Freely Discuss'. Long may it nobly continue...

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 am
VisionOfSelf User avatar
Site Admin

to accommodate EasyMeditation's needs (which I support), please vote -- create-a-new-sub-forum-for-bk-philosophy-discussion-t1840.html

Thank you VisionOfSelf. It's really 2 completely different kinds of discussion between "open" and "BK only", and good to be able to choose between both, for the reasons I mentioned before.

VisionOfSelf User avatar
Site Admin

ok easymeditation (& others), please vote: create-a-new-sub-forum-for-bk-philosophy-discussion-t1840.html !!!!

Next

Return to Running of forum